The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Quigley House acts as the chief administrator and is responsible for strategic and operational leadership for the organization. The CEO -- in partnership with the Board of Directors and the executive management team -- will establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. The CEO is accountable for the overall programmatic and fiscal integrity of the organization within the framework and philosophy set by the Board of Directors.
1. Aligns the organization’s vision, initiatives and operations with the strategic plan as developed under the direction of the Board of Directors.
2. Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with the Board of Directors, including: continual communication with the Board; orienting new Board members to Quigley House; providing administrative support to the Board; and leveraging the resources of the Board to maximum effect to accomplish the organization's goals and objectives.
3. Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of Quigley House are implemented through a relevant, robust strategic plan that is regularly reviewed and updated.
4. Guides Quigley House to achieve and surpass fundraising, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
5. Guides an annual budget process that promotes effective and efficient use of Quigley House resources and infrastructure, including but not limited to information systems, physical plant, employee support and development, and financial operations.
6. Acts as the lead fundraiser and friendraiser throughout the community, working with the Development staff Board, and Committees as appropriate to identify, cultivate and maintain working relationships with the community, professionals in related community service fields, governmental and private organizations.
7. Provides for effective public and community relations with the media, stakeholders, justice system, corporate and service community, as well as the community at large.
8. Establishes systems within which Quigley staff and volunteers to operate in compliance with all relevant federal, state and local requirements, requirements of funders, and accepted practices, processes and procedures.
9. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with funding sources, federal, state and local government agencies, the justice system and other non-profits including but not limited to, the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Florida Council Against Sexual Assault.
10. Mentors and develops staff directly and through training/development programming in order to enhance staff productivity and morale.
11. Is responsible for personnel actions, including hiring, evaluating and disciplining Quigley House employees. This includes direct responsibility for those in positions directly reporting to the CEO and accountability for personnel actions taken by other directors/supervisors, as well as understanding and acting in accordance with Quigley House policies regarding harassment and discrimination complaints.
12. Maintains good working relationship with the community, professionals in related community service fields, governmental and private organizations.
13. Participates in local and state organizations related to Quigley House’s vision and is available in an “expert” capacity, either as a speaker or organizer.
14. Develops and implements an effective outreach plan that focuses on the organization’s constituencies and is directed at the appropriate individual(s) within those constituencies.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position manages subordinate supervisor(s) who in turn supervise employee(s) and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. The CEO also directly supervises non-supervisory employees. This position’s responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.CEO is solely responsible both indirectly and directly for the oversight of all Quigley House employees.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and two years of experience working in the domestic-violence field, or four years minimum experience in an administrative/management capacity and two years experience working in the domestic-violence field. (Preferred experience is four years with a multi-service domestic-violence organization.)
Training: The CEO must successfully complete 30 hours of domestic-violence competency-based core training within 90 days of date of employment. Upon successful completion, the CEO must register, according to Section 39.905, Florida Statute, as someone who may claim privilege under Section 90.5036, Florida Statute; That registration must occur as soon as possible, but not later than 10 working days from completion of the training.
Licensure: The CEO must have or obtain a valid Florida driver’s license or Florida identification.
1. Issues and dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as domestic-violence and sexual assault institutional operations, structures, policies, and practices.
2. Sound business principles and practices, particularly as they relate to budgeting, finance, employee matters, and legal issues pertaining to not-for-profit organizations.
3. Leadership principles.
4. Public and community relations principles.
5. Community agencies and resources.
6. Strategic planning principles.
7. Project management principles.
8. Administration principles and practices.
9. Marketing and communication strategies, including traditional and web-based.
10. Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes.
11. Computers and related software applications, including Microsoft Office and fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge or its equivalent.
1. Articulating a clear, strategic vision.
2. Clearly communicating via all modalities, written and verbal.
3. Raising and managing funds and resources.
4. Leading by example in professional and personal conduct (includes but is not limited to: personal responsibility, ethical behavior and treating individuals with dignity and respect).
5. Supervising and administering the creation of budgets.
6. Planning, directing and evaluating employees, projects and programs/services in a manner that advances the organization’s objectives, purposes and mission.
7. Demonstrating judgment, discretion, respect and impartiality in the identification and resolution of problems and conflicts.
8. Developing and maintaining positive relationships within Quigley House and with Quigley House’s affiliate boards/committees as well as friends, donors, funders, governmental and private organizations by leveraging interpersonal, public speaking, advocacy, and collaborative abilities.
9. Forecasting, leading and managing change in order to keep Quigley House in the forefront in the field as a model of best practices.
10. Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations in order to keep Quigley House policies, practices and procedures relevant and understandable.
11. Using a computer and related software applications.
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment. As such, the incumbent routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The position is largely a sedentary role (mostly supervisory and administrative), however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days of work typically are Monday through Friday, but this position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel: This position involves travel, which could be local, national or international.
If accommodations are requested, this organization makes reasonable accommodations for its employees who may have established disabilities. Please see full description of Chief Executive Officer - Quigley House for application instructions.