Harbor House is seeking an experienced, dynamic individual to be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the DELTA Focus CDC Grant and implementation of primary prevention initiatives for Harbor House of Central Florida. Supports the Orange County Domestic Violence Task Force (OCDVTF) in their efforts to increase their capacity regarding prevention skills, knowledge, and activities.
- Serves as liaison to the OCDVTF and assists the chair in coordinating meetings and activities.
- Serves as the chair of the DELTA Focus Subcommittee, recruits, and supports subcommittee members.
- Provides information and research to OCDVTF
- Schedules FCADV & CDC training and assists in educating the OCDVTF on public health models and approaches to prevention.
- Helps manage domestic violence activities and events for the community
- Attend DELTA Focus required training and ensure that OCDVTF members attend as set forth in the grant.
- Assist in facilitation of OCDVTF discussions to review prevention enhancement projects
- Provide services in identified prevention enhancement projects as deemed appropriate by OCDVTF and/or Harbor House.
- Responsible for assisting OCDVTF in developing each meeting agenda that meets DELTA Focus grant criteria
- Coordinates the integration of prevention activities
- Creation of marketing materials for primary prevention
- Coordinates primary prevention social media initiatives
- Serves as liaison to Prevention's community partners
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Public Administration, Education or Social Services related field. Professional experience may be substituted for formal education at the Chief Executive Officer's discretion.
Other Job Requirements:
This position requires strong public speaking and presentation skills. The ability to gather/compile and analyze research, to prepare professional written reports and presentations as well as the ability to provide leadership in a work and community settings is essential. Knowledge of government grants, non-profit organizations and intermediate to advanced computer skills are required.
3-5 years with proven track record in managing and coordinating grant administration, developing and implementing community-based programs, creating and conducting presentations and training, and public speaking. Two to three years of experience working with youth programming is required.
Please see full description of DELTA Coordinator - Harbor House for application instructions