FCADV is seeking a full-time attorney to provide legal representation to survivors of domestic, dating and sexual violence and stalking in temporary and final injunction for protection proceedings and in civil contempt hearings for violations of injunctions in Tallahassee and Quincy, Florida.
Applicants should have:
• Florida Bar membership
• A minimum of two years of litigation experience, preferably representing survivors of domestic, dating and sexual violence and stalking in injunction for protection proceedings and other civil legal matters, or prosecuting or defending batterers in criminal proceedings.
• A strong understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of the Battered Women’s Movement and knowledge of the feminist analysis of battering, as well as the dynamics of domestic violence, and knowledge of root causes of violence against women and oppressed groups.
• Excellent research, writing and trial skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills and an ability to make appropriate decisions relating to litigation with minimal supervision.
• Excellent record-keeping and report writing skills; attention to detail is a must.
• A strong passion for advocating for survivors of domestic, dating, and sexual violence and stalking.
This position is based in Tallahassee with travel to Quincy. Candidates who meet the above requirements and are currently residing in or are willing to relocate to Leon or Gadsden County are preferred. Please see full description of Injunction for Protection (IFP) Project Attorney—Tallahassee/Quincy for application instructions.