Position Summary: This position leads the direct services for Domestic Violence victims and assures compliance with programmatic requirements. Maintains accurate and timely documentation in accordance with FCADV and VOCA agency requirements. Collaborates with the agency’s Sexual Assault Outreach and Shelter programs.
The position is with Safe Place And Rape Crisis Center, Inc (SPARCC) state certified Domestic and Sexual Violence agency. This is full time position, 40 hours a week; hours of this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Position would be on-call at a minim of 5 days a month. Home office would be 2139 Main Street, Sarasota, FL 34237.
Benefits: Benefits will be provided to this position which will consist of @ 100%; Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance after 1st 30 day calendar month and a matching program in our 403(b) Retirement plan after 1 yr of employment. Employees have the option to purchase dependant health insurance coverage. All full time staff receives 11 paid Holidays. All full time staff will accrue PTO per pay period based on numbers of years of employment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support advocates in providing direct crisis intervention services to victims of domestic violence and document service management and referrals, in accordance with FCADV, and VOCA requirements; provide direct services as needed
- Support advocates in providing direct crisis intervention services to victims of sexual assault, as back up, and document service management and referrals, in accordance with FCASV and VOCA requirements; provide direct services as needed
- Support advocates in providing telephone crisis counseling to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault via the Hotline
- Ensure all direct services are provided and documented in Alice and files within 48 hours, in accordance with FCADV and VOCA requirements
- Provide input to CEO on performance review for advocates
- Facilitate support groups as assigned
- Coordinate case staffing meetings, at least monthly
- Participate in trainings to meet continuing education and certification requirements
- Keep CEO apprised of activities, informally and by written word
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned
Education or Equivalent: Bachelor’s Degree in social work/mental health or related human services field; related work experience may be substituted for education. Prior experience in working with target population and program management.
Knowledge/Skills Requirements: Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and personal computer skills and knowledge of management principles. . Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques and related community resources. Significant knowledge and commitment to feminist, domestic violence, and sexual violence doctrines. Must pass Florida Department of Law Enforcement criminal background check, be eligible to work in the U.S., have reliable transportation and a valid Florida driver’s license. Upon hiring: must pass CORE Competency Training for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault; pass and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification; and document 16 hours of approved continuing education annually, with at least 8 hours in trainings related to sexual assault.
Physical Requirements: Position requires physical ability to lift approximately 25 lbs., sit or be on feet for extend periods of time, bend freely, and reach objects over head. Must be able to converse on a telephone and use a keyboard effectively.
Agency Requirements: All Employees of SPARCC are expected to demonstrate a commitment to: promoting diversity and equality; professional ethics and standards; flexibility and teamwork; and protection of confidentiality.
- I pledge my commitment to the SPARCC values of Advocacy, Choice, Compassion, Empathy, Empowerment, Honesty, Hope, Mentoring, Peace, and Respect.
- I will strive to practice these principles daily in my work in order to create an atmosphere where clients and staff are heard and responded to appropriately.
- I agree to be held accountable for my actions and agree to hold co-workers accountable in order to create a responsible environment.
- I recognize that providing and supporting quality client services is the priority and my actions, attitude, and involvement should positively impact every client’s experience.
Compensation: Will commensurate with education and experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: SPARCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information or any other protected category.
Relocation Expense: SPARCC does not provide relocation expenses.
Please see full description of Lead Domestic Violence Advocate - Safe Place and Domestic Crisis Center for application instructions.