The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing all day-to-day activities of the residence, the facilities upkeep, the general management of the house, and responsible for keeping a birds-eye view of the program operations.
The Operations Manager will deliver services offered by Seminole County Victims’ Rights Coalition, Inc. in order to fulfill its mission in accordance with its Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation. To provide for a safe, warm and friendly environment, complete with empowerment based advocacy and safety planning.
- Ensuring exceptional customer service to residents, working with the advocate employees in serving victims of intimate partner violence, including the assessment, planning, advocacy, monitoring and coordination of referral resources.
- Visualize future impacts and needs, energize employees to get tasks done and ensure productivity and quality standards are met.
- Be accountable for all employees receiving appropriate training and materials needed to carry out their duties, utilizing all resources available.
One of the most important qualities of the Operations Manager is the ability to develop a clear and detailed plan. In order to ensure that the shelter program runs smoothly and doesn’t veer off course, the manager must have the skills to develop a step-by-step plan with well-defined tasks and to make sure the team stays on a timeline every day.
2. Problem Solving
No matter how well-developed your plan is, problems will inevitably arise in any program. The Operations Manager must have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to think quickly and adeptly about how to address problems as they come up and to learn from the issues so that the same problems do not arise again.
3. Interpersonal Skills
Operations management requires advanced interpersonal skills. You will be dealing with clients, your team, administration and peers. It’s important to be able to relate well to others, to provide direction, offer constructive feedback, and to support and encourage others.
You will track case management, adjust schedules, hire and review employees, look for gaps in work efficiency, communicate with your team and suggest changes in the plan all in the same day! This requires an ability to switch quickly between tasks and to think about the shelter program on many different levels at once.
- Minimum Bachelor’s level degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience running a group home facility preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing 20-plus employees.
Please see full description of Operations Manager - Seminole County Victims’ Rights Coalition, Inc. for application instructions.