Job Title: Residential Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Days/Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 9a.m.-6p.m, Sunday and Monday 11a.m.-8p.m.
Position requires on call availability and a flexible schedule to provide needed staff coverage and provide supervision of the residential shelter team.
Workplace Location(s): Women In Distress’ Jim and Jan Moran Family Center, Deerfield Beach.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field and a minimum of five years management/supervisory experience in a social service organization, preferably working in a residential setting with victims of domestic violence.
- The candidate must demonstrate their strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing and coaching staff.
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Candidates must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work holidays as they coincide with regular shifts, and possess an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity, sexual orientation, and religious backgrounds.
- Candidates must be team players, demonstrate good listening and emphatic skills, be able to multi-task and possess strong oral and written communication and time management skills.
- Must have a safe driving record. Valid Florida Driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
General Job Description:
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Residential Manager is responsible for overseeing, facilitating and coordinating the delivery of emergency shelter services, including crisis intervention, hotline and advocacy services to domestic violence survivors and their dependents. The Residential Manager is responsible for ensuring and providing a safe, nurturing environment for shelter participants and direct oversight of shelter staff. Candidate must have a proven track record demonstrating success in residential services management to include communal living. The Residential Manager will ensure that services are in line with best practice models and provide department’s strategic direction.
Must have a “can do” attitude.
The Residential Manager will also be required to participate in all training's, applicable conferences and community stakeholder meetings as required.
The position is full-time and is considered “essential” personnel during holidays and in times of hardship, such as extreme weather conditions and/or other emergencies.
Please see full description of Residential Manager - Women in Distress for application instructions.