FCADV is seeking an attorney to provide legal representation to survivors of domestic, dating and sexual violence, and stalking in temporary and final injunction for protection proceedings and at hearings for violations of injunctions. The attorney will be working in conjunction with the local certified domestic violence center.
Applicants should have:
• Florida Bar membership
• A minimum of three years of litigation experience, preferably representing survivors of domestic, dating and sexual violence and stalking in injunction for protection proceedings and other civil legal matters, or prosecuting batterers in criminal proceedings.
• A strong understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of the Battered Women’s Movement and knowledge of the feminist analysis of battering, as well as the dynamics of domestic violence, and knowledge of root causes of violence against women and oppressed groups.
• Excellent research, writing and communication skills with both small and large groups of individuals.
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to make appropriate decisions with minimal supervision.
• Excellent record-keeping and report writing skills; attention to detail is a must.
• A strong passion for advocating for survivors of domestic, dating, and sexual violence and stalking.
• The ability to initiate and facilitate dialogue between persons with disparate viewpoints and goals.
Please see fulldescription of Injunction for Protection (IFP) Project Attorney—Monroe County for application instructions.